Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sell What You Don't Need


#2 Saving Money Tip - Sell What You Don’t Need. Look around your home and find things that you don’t want, don’t need, or don’t use anymore. Then go onto Ebay - and look up if it’s worth anything. Yes? Then why not sell it? No? Then donate it. You may not get any money for it but you can take a write-off if you itemize your deductions. If nothing else, you will declutter your home. Scared to sell on Ebay? Then try Craigslist. No skills are needed. You don’t even have to attach a picture if you don’t want to, but it does help. There are other places to sell your items, too – consignment shops, local newspapers, bulletin boards at the supermarket, or word of mouth. It’s a great way to earn some extra cash.

In Real Life (IRL) – I got into selling on Ebay a few years ago. I’m not a big-time seller and my interest waxes and wanes with the seasons. But I am so happy it’s there. I am constantly making a pile of things my family no longer uses. Sometimes we buy something and decide we don’t like it anymore and on to Ebay it goes. Sometimes we receive a gift that’s a duplicate and we turn around and sell it on Craigslist. Today I listed some dishes that I bought at a yardsale. I thought they would look good in my home but the colors were all wrong. I also listed an old snowsuit on Craigslist. I already have two interested parties. Between those two items, I should make about $10. Again not a lot, but if I could make $10 per day on things I have around the house that I'm not using, it adds up. I have a goal of listing one item per weekday until my pile disappears. DId I mention that I've been doing this for a few years. For some reason, it seems like I always have a pile...

No comments: